(WP4) Researchers at European Southern Observatory (ESO) will study scientific and technical operations models for the observatory and produce an Operation Plan. Several factors will be investigated such as remote/on-site operations, allocation of engineering/commissioning and science time, internal management and staffing of the observatory including the gender/inclusivity dimension, safety procedures, logistics and links with site and infrastructure, as well as adaptation of existing infrastructure and cooperation with nearby observatories (e.g. APEX) during construction and operations.
Main contacts and roles:
- Evanthia Hatziminaoglou - coordination of work package, operations model
- Thomas Stanke - links with existing infrastructure and nearby observatories
- Carlos De Breuck - links with facility site selection
- Approval of operations model
- AtLAST Operations Plan
- Report on the use of existing infrastructure