(WP6) The AtLAST design study is tightly anchored to unique science drivers that range from the study of galaxies to cosmology.
Researchers at UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), in collaboration with the University of Oslo, the European Southern Observatory (ESO), the University of Hertfordshire, will distill a set of observatory requirements from the key science drivers. In parallel they will coordinate a community-led effort to further develop the science case and deliver theoretical expectations and mock catalogues for AtLAST observations.
Main contacts and roles:
- Pamela Klaassen - coordination of work package, communication with WP2 for what concerns telescope requirements, creation of telescope simulator
- Jo Ramasawmy - coordination of work package 6.1 and 6.2
- Claudia Cicone - theoretical expectations for AtLAST observations of the ISM, CGM, IGM and of the SZ effect
- James Geach - theoretical expectations for AtLAST extragalactic survey
- Completion of telescope simulator and sensitivity calculator
- Telescope simulator and sensitivity calculator
- Mock catalogues
- Science overview report
- Telescope requirements matrix
Use Case Template: