(WP3) Researchers at European Southern Observatory, in collaboration with experts on energy systems from the University of Oslo, will recommend the optimal site for AtLAST. The site selection will build on the analysis of both existing and new meteorological data, and it will take into account several other factors that can have a strong impact on the choice of the site, such as safety and legal procedures, costs and synergies with other facilities, accessibility to renewable energy resources, environmental and societal impact.
Main contacts and roles:
- Carlos De Breuck - coordination of work package, site testing, legal aspects
- Carlos A. Durán Urrutia - meteorological measurements on Chajnantor
- Installation of new weather tower on the Chajnantor Plateau
- Principle agreement on the AtLAST site
- Document describing site selection criteria
- Site selection report