(WP2) Researchers at European Southern Observatory (ESO) and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), working with industrial partner OHB Digital Connect GmbH (formerly MT Mechatronics) will deliver the telescope design study. The study is divided in two phases:
- first, a so-called “baseline telescope design” will be defined, after exploring a wide range of design parameters and cost vs performance tradeoffs that would allow us to meet the ambitious AtLAST science goals.
- The second stage is an engineering phase that culminates in a price proposal for construction and delivers the final “conceptual telescope design”.
Main contacts and roles
- Tony Mroczkowski - coordination of work package and technical review
- Matthias Reichert - coordination of OHB activities for WP2
- Hans J. Kärcher - expert technical and engineering guidance
- Thomas Zimmerer - representative for OHB
- UKRI System Engineer - technical review
- Baseline Telescope Design Review
- Conceptual Telescope Design Review
- Full CAD model
- Price Proposal for construction
- AtLAST instrumentation paper