Solid state physics and chemistry including synthesis and characterisation of materials for energy storage. Structure characterisation via in-situ synchrotron radiation and powder neutron diffraction performed at large scale facilities, for instance at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF) of Grenoble (France), at the Canadian Institute for Neutron Scattering (CINS) of Chalk River (Canada) and at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), USA. Investigation of nanoscale and porous materials with small-angle neutron and X-ray scattering (SANS and SAXS). Head of Energy storage systems group.
- 2003 PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, University of Bologna
- 1999 Post-graduate research fellow, Univ. of Padova, Dept. of Physical Chemistry,
- 1998 Master in Physical Chemistry, University of Padova
- 2004 Master in Science Communication, ISAS/SISSA Trieste
- 1999 Post Graduate Course in Environmental Law and Politics, University of Padova
- 2013-to date Associate Professor at UiO, section leader Energy Systems
- 2013-2016 Group Coordinator "Energy and Environment" at UNIK
- 2012-2013 Researcher at UNIK
- 2010-2014 Researcher at IFE
- 2006-2010 Post doc at IFE, Physics Department
- 2003-2005 Research fellow at University of Padova, Physics Dept. and Dept. of Mechanical Eng.